The Department of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth of the Sarajevo City Administration carries out administrative tasks within the scope of the City, in the following areas:
- protection of cultural and historical heritage;
- support of museum, archive and library activities:
- organisation and realisation of sporting events;
- support of music, theater and audiovisual activities;
- implementation of measures and activities in the field of primary and secondary education;
- construction, renovation and maintenance of sports facilities;
- creation and implementation of youth policies, active cooperation with the youth sector and improvement of the position of young people.
In the field of film, the City of Sarajevo co-finances film festivals in Sarajevo, supports filmmakers and filmmaking of artistic value and/or in the interest of the City of Sarajevo and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The project team of the Department of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth and the Department of Local Self-Governance and City Development supports the Obala Art Centar Association which is designated by the City Council to manage the UNESCO City of Film status.